Gruesome Halloween Scary Costumes
Scary Halloween costumes are sure to be in vogue again now that the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. Halloween is a time when we are given license to express our darkest impulses, resulting in some really frightening costumes. Here are some suggestions for terrifying Halloween costumes.
- Bring in the psychos – Halloween has always been a time for watching scary movies, so why not dress up as your favorite movie psycho? You have your choice of monsters from Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street and Saw movies.
- Go for the classics – This Halloween, why not wear scary Halloween costumes of classic monsters such as the Mummy, the Frankenstein Monster, Dracula and the Wolfman? Or to be unique, why not go to the Halloween party as a floating ghost? A ghost floating around is indeed a scary sight!
- Lurch to the party as a zombie – Zombies are extremely popular in TV, movies and even video games these days, so why buck the trend? All you need is some pale cream makeup and fake blood as well as disheveled clothing. Or you can add more elaborate touches including bite marks, rotted and blackened teeth and bruises. Or buy the scariest zombie costume that you can find.
Look to the skies – Aliens can be as scary as any Earth-based monster and they make great costumes, too. You can choose from classic movie aliens such as the Predator or bizarre bug-eyed aliens. The awesome predator mask comes with separated deadlocks and bright red as well as silver details with openings at the eyes.
More scary Halloween costumes
- Cast a spell – Now that Harry Potter has popularized wizards again, why not go to your Halloween party as a witch with a black robe and conical hat or a warlock with a hooded robe and a wizard’s staff?
- Give them hell – Since Halloween is a time when evil spirits can walk the earth, why not come in a devil costume or even as a demon, with horns, a red costume with cape and a prop pitchfork?
Wake the dead – Why not go to your Halloween party as the ultimate horror – the Grim Reaper, Death himself? All you need is a black robe with hood, a death’s head mask and a prop scythe.
- Make them laugh – Believe it or not, fear of clowns or coulrophobia is surprisingly prevalent in American society. So why not give them a reason to be scared by dressing up in a scary clown costume. Scary Halloween costumes for evil clowns simply involve the typical clown costume, but adding creepy touches such as fangs, exaggerated painted grins and heavily lined eyes.